Located in Ada County, Idaho, Eagle, ID is a beautiful little city of 22,711 people, up from 19,900 in 2010. In 1980 the population was only 2,620 people.
The city of Eagle is located not too far from Boise, which is actually about 19 minutes from downtown. That equates to around 10 miles away.
In fact, Eagle is just north of Meridian as well, making it near several good sized cites that have plenty of things to do for adults and kids as well. The city is nearly 30 square miles in total area. The weather in Eagle is fairly typical, with warm-to-dry and hot summers, as well as cold and dry winters. The average high temps in the Summer are around 85 degrees F and the low Winter temps average about 25.5 (F) degrees.
The median household income in Eagle is approximately $78,900 per year, while the median home price is around $300,000.
Only about 20% of the homes in the city are actually owned, while nearly 80% are rented.
The median property rent is around $1,100/month.
Nearly 10% of the population of Eagle are Military veterans.
Eagle has 2 High Schools, one being an alternative HS (Eagle Academy). Eagle High School is the main HS, and there is also Idaho Fine Arts Academy which is 6th-12th grade. Eagle Middle School is the main junior high school, while there are 3 elementary schools, which are Eagle Hills Elementary, Seven Oaks and Eagle Elementary School of the Arts.
There are also several charter schools in Eagle, which include Rolling Hills Charter School, North Star Charter School and also the Seventh-Day Christian School.
Eagle Island State Park is the big park of the city. It covers nearly 550 acres and is bordered by the north and south channels of the Boise River. There are over 5 miles of equestrian trails, boating (non-motorized), swimming, fishing, a water slide, volleyball, frisbee (disc) golf, a zip line and plenty of spots for picnicking.
Arboretum Park is a smaller park that is located in Eagle, ID. There are lots of trees, roses and other native plants.
Some notable people who were either born in or lived in Eagle, Idaho are:
- Jerry Kramer (Offensive Guard for the Green Bay Packers from 1958-1968)
- Larry Craig ( former US Senator)
- George Kennedy (Actor known for many big roles in popular movies, also an Academy Award winner)
- Raul Labrador (member of the US House of Representatives)
- Jeb Putzier (former NFL Tight End for multiple NFL teams)
- Derek Schouman (former NFL Tight End, current NCAA Coach for Boise State)
- Blake Bodily (Soccer player for the University of Washington)
- Taylor Kelly (Current QB coach at Mater Dei HS in California, former QB for Arizona State University)
There's plenty of entertainment in Eagle, including restaurants such as:
- Bardenay Restaurant & Distillery
- Oak Barrel of Eagle (Restaurant and Lounge)
- Bella Aquila Restaurant
- Bodacious Pig Barbecue
- Smoky Mountain Pizzeria
- Bacquet's Restaurant
- Lucky Fins Seafood Grill
- The Stuffed Olive
- The Griddle
- Rib Shack BBQ
- Porterhouse Market
- Rice Contemporary Asian Cuisine
- Ahi Sushi Bar
- Wild West Home of Mamma Italia
- The Perks of Life
- Schnitzel Garten
- Taco Del Mar
- Happy Teriyaki
- Idaho Pizza Company
Some other good locations include:
- Eagle Triple Tap
- Eagle River Coffee
- Sweet Valley Cookie co.
- Mongolian of Eagle
- Zen Bento
- Bowl of Heaven Cafe