The overall quality of life is a key factor to consider when looking for a city or town to relocate to. If this is high on your list of reasons for choosing a new place to call home, then Boise Idaho will fit your needs perfectly. For instance, Boise was recently hailed as the Best Place to Live in 2019 by Livability.com. Some of the factors that affected the selection of the top 100 in this list include job opportunities, prices of homes for sale in Boise, affordability, and access to the outdoors. The city of Boise is not new to this list since it has consistently been on it for the past six years. This is, however, the first time that it made it to the top of the 100 cities considered for this prestigious honor and it is a well-deserved placement.
What Makes Boise the Best Place To Live
There are many reasons why Boise is on the top of this year’s list of best places to live, and here are some that were pointed out by residents in the City of Trees:
- Safety – this is on the top of the list of concerns most people who are thinking of relocating have, particularly those with families. Boise is one of the safest cities in the US and is ranked in the top 10 safest cities to live in by WalletHub. It also ranked in the top 20 safest cities for 2019 in the state of Idaho as researched by Safehome.org.
- Affordability – in the survey that Livability put out to get the top 100 for this list, younger respondents noted affordability as one of the key factors for choosing a place to move to. This includes the cost of housing and the cost of living in the area.
- Lots of Jobs – why move to a new place if there are no opportunities for employment? In Boise, this is not a problem since there are lots of jobs are available for various industries. Some of the top employers in the city include the healthcare industry, tech, and agriculture.
- Climate – while some cities boast of giving their residents only a hot and cold season, Boise gives you all four – winter, spring, summer, and fall. You get to experience all of the changes that come with all four seasons.
- Entertainment – you will not be starved for entertainment in Boise since it features quite a variety of options for you to choose from. If you love the outdoors, you can go hiking, biking, camping, and fishing here. Love music? Aside from the many bars that you can visit on your days off, you can also enjoy a few annual music festivals in this city.
- Friendly people – the city is also known for the friendly people in it. Helping out is the norm here. Have a flat tire? If someone happens along, they are sure to help you. Everyone is ready with a smile and a greeting when they see you, which is why it is considered one of the friendliest places to live in.
Growth Because of the Ranking
Ever since the city found itself consistently on the list of Top 100 Place to live, growth has been steady. More and more people are relocating to Boise not only because of the reasons that are mentioned above but also because of the fact that it is on a lot of top 10 lists. It can be found on a list of cities that are deemed ideal for children to be in, which is also put together by Livability.com. It has also been on a list of top cities for retirees to live in according to Forbes. Ranking high on lists can help a population boom for many cities and towns, and it is no wonder that the population in Boise is steadily rising. It is consistently in the top 10 for lists like Best Cities for Men, Best River Town, Best City for Raising a Family, and even Best City with Work-Life Balance. Even Lonely Planet has the city in its Best in the US destinations you need to see in 2018, ranking 2nd for this list. According to Forbes.com, it is one of the fastest-growing cities in the US for 2018 and this growth is seen to continue in the coming years due to the sterling reviews that the city gets from these lists and ranking surveys. Growth in all sectors has been steady here since 2017 and Forbes uses Moody’s analytics to get the lowdown on these numbers.
Why You Should Move to Boise
If landing in the top spot for the top 100 places to live does not convince you to choose Boise as your next home city, the long list of great things it has to offer probably will. Aside from dozens of parks for you to enjoy, the city also has some of the best schools in the State as per Great Schools ranking, and lots of museums for you to explore. They even have a thriving brewery scene and a local wine trail you can enjoy. If you are thinking of moving to Boise for any of these reasons, you should look for a reliable Boise real estate agent to help you find your dream home in the city. The company to contact for such a task is Sweet Group Realty.